Subject: README: changes to ddb
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 01/08/1997 21:56:33
Hi folks...

Just checked in some changes to DDB.  I don't know how many of you have
been bitten by your machine panic'ing and dropping into DDB while you're
on holidays, but it happened to me recently, so I did something about it.
The default behavior is to drop into DDB on panic, as always.  However,
this can now be changed at run-time with by issuing:

	sysctl -w ddb.onpanic=0

at your shell.  In addition, the default behavior is now changeable
by setting "options DDB_ONPANIC=0" in your kernel config file.  See
sysctl(3), sysctl(8), options(4), and ddb(4) for more details.

Ciao.