Subject: Re: Problem with make DESTDIR=...
To: Curt Sampson <email@example.com>
From: Grey Wolf <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 01/08/1997 13:35:30
Curt Sampson sez:
* tree (i.e., forcing a separate obj hierarchy with symlinks in the
* source tree). While we're at it, we might as well get rid of intermixed
* architecture object trees. In other words, for source directory
* We will have object files go in to
* We will *not* be allowed to use (any longer)
* I don't know what people think of this. I don't see this as any
* loss myself.
What I'm wondering is why we didn't do this sooner! /usr/obj.$ARCH
makes much more sense -- it's a lot less fragmented, certainly!