Subject: recent /etc/rc* and friends' update
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Erik Bertelsen <erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk>
List: current-users
Date: 01/08/1997 21:16:47
I have now been during the process of updating my /etc/rc* and netstart
scripts according to the newly updated sources.

In my opinion, this is a good update, in particular the principle of
putting configuration options in one place (rc.conf) and taking it out
of the execution scripts (rc, netstart).

This increases the possibilities of keeping rc and netstart without
local changes.

I just wonder: why is rc.local not essentially empty? Now it contains
some traditional crap with respect to updating /etc/motd plus a couple
of kerberos related commands -- why are these in rc.local.

regards
Erik Bertelsen