Subject: ipfilter changes not complete yet?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Thorsten Frueauf <s_frueau@ira.uka.de>
List: current-users
Date: 01/08/1997 16:11:22
Hello!

Are the ipfilter changes complete yet? I build a kernel with 07.01.1997
current-src and got:

ld -z -Ttext F8100000 -e start -S -o netbsd ${SYSTEM_OBJ} vers.o
ioconf.o: Undefined symbol `_ipfilterattach' referenced from data
segment
*** Error code 1

Machine:
NetBSD cyberlap 1.2B NetBSD 1.2B (CYBERLAP) #5: Sun Jan  5 13:41:03 CET
1997     frueauf@cyberlap:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/CYBERLAP i386

I greped for ipfilterattach but found it nowhere.
/src/sys/netinet/ip_fil.c just has a iplattach function.

So did I forget to do anything necessary (I added options PFIL_HOOKS and
pseudo-device   bpfilter to my kernel file like in the GENERIC kernelfiles).

There is also no ipf in /src/sbin/Makefile and no ipf in
/src/usr.sbin/Makefile yet.

Sorry if I was just too impatient and there have to be made some
changes.

Greets
      Thorsten

PS: One more thing though: If one uses the attapi patches, one has to
    make an entry in /src/sys/i386/i386/conf.c for the minor and major
    device numbers. There is nothing reserved for attapi, so I choosed
    the last free number (18 and 44) at that time. Now if something
    new is added (like ipf) 44 is also used, and I have to change
    the devices for attapi again! Same for MAKEDEV. So wouldn't it
    be usefull to reserve some numbers for attapi, or will it be never
    included to the official tree some day?

--

   Name  : Thorsten Frueauf            Milano@irc cri@onaliM       //
   E-Mail: s_frueau@ira.uka.de oder ukfy@rz.uni-karlsruhe.de     \X/