Subject: src/etc rc changes!
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: matthew green <email@example.com>
Date: 01/05/1997 23:15:27
i've just commited a bunch of changes to the src/etc
files used at boot time (rc*, netstart, etc), and the
periodic maintainence commands (daily/weekly/security/
monthly) with the following effect:
- remove any local configuration information from example
- add configuration (with man pages) for actions take in
(a) startup scripts, and (b) periodic maintenence
scripts (such as /etc/daily). this includes moving
variables from /etc/netstart to /etc/rc.conf, and
the creation of daily.conf, weekly.conf, monthly.conf,
- fix any errors. :-)
- remove security problems from all of these scripts.
- fix some named/rpc lossage (mostly from jason).
- don't start sendmail by default.
- allow netmask to be set from /etc/ifaliases
- load LKM's from /etc/rc.lkm using /etc/lkm.conf,
at boot time.
- move ldconfig(8) boot info into /etc/ld.so.conf.
and maybe more i forgot. anyway, you might want to update
your rc, etc., files.
as always, please send any problems using send-pr.