Subject: HP 9000/700-series
To: None <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 01/04/1997 15:11:14
Jason Thorpe wrote:
> There is some active development happening to make NetBSD run on the
> PA-RISC based HP 9000/700-series.

What's the status of that? I've got one of those here collecting dust
'cause HPUX 10.01 is next to useless and HP want 1/3 of the cost of the
machine for "software maintenance" (== highway robbery). And that's
even under their demo/development plan that is supposed to encourage
companies to develop software for their systems. Geez! I keep it
because it reminds me how good DEC are.

--
John Birrell                                CIMlogic Pty Ltd
jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@netbsd.org           119 Cecil Street