Subject: union-filesystem
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Clarence Wilkerson <wilker@hipx.cww.home.wl.in>
List: current-users
Date: 01/03/1997 11:08:06
Bcc: wilker@math.purdue.edu, netbsd@hopf.math.purdue.edu

I tried this out last night with new current kernel on my sparc.

/usr/src was a clean src tree with no object files etc.

/home/src was a empty directory on another partition

I did  "mount -t union /home/src /usr/src "
The intent was to have the original src tree be overlaid with
the products from make in /home/src.

The mount went ok:

<above>:/home/src       1077554   860490   203944    81%    /usr/src

However, when I did from /usr/src, "make depend ",

it eventually hung. When I killed the window and went back to
/usr/src in another, "make " eventually hung, and I could not
access home/src  .

Is "union_fs" still experimental, or am I doing somethin wrong?

Clarence Wilkerson