Subject: Install keeps dumping
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG, port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@fls.portland.or.us>
List: current-users
Date: 12/29/1996 15:24:27
Well, I think I dug myself into a hole.

I'm running on an Mac SE/30 w/20M of ram and an NFS-mounted /usr. I was
halfway through compiling the new sources (a three-day process!) when
something died. I think it was tcsh, because that's who dumped core. I
can't get anything working any more.

I decided to try to untar all of the 1.2 binaries again, and things
started to compile again. However, nothing I do has brought "install" back
to life. I either get "Signal 11" or I get a simple "Segmentation fault."
Either I don't know how to use the BSD gdb (very likely) or I need to
compile with -g (even more likely) because I can't backtrace the problem.

Oh, and inetd, syslogd, and cmp dump core while I'm booting up.

Can anyone help?

Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd@fls.portland.or.us - Fuji Landscape Service
BSEE (6/86) + BSChem (3/95) + BAEnglish (8/95) + $3.00 = mocha latte