Subject: those 8086 ISA DMA hacks vs. -current
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG, port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John F. Woods <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/24/1996 10:22:25
Has anyone updated the ISA DMA patches for -current?  I've remained at
1.2 since I don't want to drop back down to 16MB, and can't afford a
modern motherboard (having emptied the Christmas cookie jar for other
expensive toys for the family ;-).  I made a start at changing the
patches but ran into the change to add to fd.c

	#ifdef NEWCONFIG
		at_dma( ...
	#else
		isa_dmastart( ...
	#endif

or roughly that; I couldn't find any definition of at_dma or
NEWCONFIG, nor could I find a discussion of this change in the mailing
list archives.  Does anyone know what this is about?

And does anyone know if the machine-independant DMA mapping scheme is
on the horizon yet?  (Some of the recent changes to bus macros seemed
like they might be part of such a project...)