Subject: -current status questions
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@raptor.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/24/1996 10:08:41
Howdy all:
	I'm upgrading a machine from a 1.1A -current to a current from a few
days ago and am having some wierd problems (I went through an intermediate
-current from end of Nov./start of Dec. that I had on tape in both sources and
binaries...)

Problem (1):
	My swap is divided between an old, krusty ESDI drive and the SCSI
drive.
	With the swap on the ESDI drive enabled, I was seeing lots of "wd0:
lost interrupt writing 1@wd0:<block>" messages, which to me seemed to be mostly
(I didn't catch all the block #'s, so I can't say all) in the swap partition...
Is this a sign of the drive going, or were there some timing/interrupt/wd.c
issues around the end of Nov. or start of this month? (the kernel I'm running
now is still the one from the -current snapshot I had on tape, which was around
the end of Nov.)

Problem (2):
	Doing a make build after turning off swapping on the ESDI drive, "make
depend" occasionally complains about directories that don't end up having
.depend files (I'm not sure if the problem is that there should have been one
or that there shouldn't have been one and make was wierding out for no reason
as I just discovered this one this morning before heading off to work...).  The
directory that I saw this one in was gspa/gspahextoc (should I be building this
on the i386??).

Thanks for any clues,
--rafal