Subject: How to get my name ?
To: Current NetBSD <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Eric Delcamp <edelcamp@alienor.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 12/19/1996 13:57:12
Hi,

I have a dial connection to Internet by a PPP link.
I use pppd to dial and route packet, but I want to clean the thing a
little.
The major problem is my name. When I get my IP number (like 194.51.118.33),
my host name is "user33.alienor.fr". But my number is dynamic, so I never
get same IP number.

I think I can use the /etc/ppp/ip-up file to set my hostname (I make this
manualy using 'hostname' command). pppd pass the IP-number to
/etc/ppp/ip-up but I couldn't get a command to translate it to my name.

Yes, I can use 'nslookup', but this cmd generate garbage (like DNS name and
his IP-number). I want a command like :

# cmd 194.51.118.33
user33.alienor.fr

Nothing more ! Any suggestion ?

Thanks.
--
 |\_/|  Eric Delcamp            | Revendeur de Jeux Video
 (ô ô)  Amiga User              | Neufs et Occasions