Subject: RE: Exabyte 8200 - is anyone using one successfully?
To: 'Matthias Scheler' <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
From: Burns, Scott <scott.burns@labatt.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/18/1996 15:50:40
I forgot about the block size crash thing. We see this when for example
we do a:

tar -b 128 -cvf /dev/rst0  /etc/*

then at a later date try:

tar -tvf /dev/rst0

If you don't put the "-b 128" on the listing tar command the machine
reboots. I have never had a chance to document properly what is
happening. This is on a V1.1 system. Was this fixed up with V1.2 ? We
are on NetBSD/i386 V1.1 on a Adaptec 1542-CF using the EXB-8200. Other
than that no problems with the drive. Nightly backups of about 1.5
gig's.

scott
scott.burns@netcontech.com