Subject: Re: Exabyte 8200 - is anyone using one successfully?
To: Eric Volpe <epv@panix.com>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@cats.ucsc.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 12/18/1996 05:39:04
	I've been using one for years on my NetBSD/I386 box.  I've tested it under 0.9A
and 1.0.  I have a friend who has been running his under 1.2 with some
trouble, and we haven't figured it out as yet.  To be quite honest, I don't
know what the switch settings on the drive are because I just plugged it in
and it worked.  In terms of block sizes and density settings, I use a
blocking factor of 100 for dump and tar, and a length value of 6000.  My
dump line looks something like:
dump 0fbsd /dev/nrst0 100 6000 54000

Hope this helps.