Subject: Re: bin/3011: ftp could be smarter with host:/path and URL's
To: None <frank@fwi.uva.nl, current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polder.ubc.kun.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 12/12/1996 17:58:20
In <199612091124.MAA14159@mail.fwi.uva.nl> frank@fwi.uva.nl (Frank van der Linden) writes:
>Those features is what I'd call 'too far'. No, it wouldn't be hard
>to, say, use libedit for ftp. But.. it's a file transfer program.
>But if you do this, a case could be made to add extensions like this
>to any other program that has a command-line-like interface. So..
>where to stop?

This only goes to demonstrate that command line editing and stuff like
that should be in a console driver (either in the kernel or in a userland
app such as screen). That way, *all* programs benefit.

>- Frank

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert      D787B44DFC896063 4CBB95A5BD1DAA96
\X/ Don't dream it, Be it               rhialto@polder.ubc.kun.nl