Subject: Re: NeXT port... Any interest or work in progress?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Holo.Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: current-users
Date: 12/11/1996 17:57:25
> I just inherited (well, am borrowing, probably indefinitely, from the
> widow) an old NeXT.  I love this machine (it's what I learned to
> program on), but realize that I might at some point want to run
> NetBSD on it...and I see no arch/next.  :)  There are plenty of other
> options, such as Plan 9, but I'm sort of curious.

There is interest, and there is work in progress, at least
theoretically - though I haven't seen any indications of progress in
quite a while.  Personally, the thing that's keeping me from working on
it is mostly lack of time, and until very recently (like the last
couple of weeks) lack of a 68k development machine.  (I have a Slab on
"indefinite loan", specifically as a play machine for NetBSD/next work.
But at the moment other things have been taking up my time.)

					der Mouse