Subject: Re: Lobby for Motif Development for NetBSD
To: Laine Stump <laine@MorningStar.Com>
From: Jim Wise <>
List: current-users
Date: 12/07/1996 21:33:32
On Sat, 7 Dec 1996, Laine Stump wrote:

> >I'd also be willing to purchase Motif for the i386 (or alpha, if it
> >were available), if the price were <= $150.
> Is anybody keeping track of this, so they can be sent a total?
> Several months ago I was looking for a Motif Development system for
> NetBSD i386, with the intention of immediately purchasing at least one
> copy. If one were available for under $150, I would guarantee purchase
> of one copy, possibly more.

I have been counting/archiving responses, in hopes of having some sway
with X-Inside...   (They have the widest range of products, including CDE,
have supported NetBSD in the past, and exporessed remorse at discontinuing

So: If anyone would like their testimonials counted, write to me or to
the list.  Letters of the form ``I would buy Motif for NetBSD if it were
available'' are probably the most useful, but don't say it if you know
it ain't so -- If they return to NetBSD and pull out again because
the support we claimed was there isn't, I'm sure they'll be much less
sympathetic in the future....

				Jim Wise
				System Administrator
				GSAPP, Columbia University