Subject: Re: Kerberos version 5
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: Erik E. Fair <fair@cesium.clock.org>
List: current-users
Date: 12/05/1996 08:57:34
I think they're trying to keep things a little quiet, and let the word
spread slowly (maybe to quick-fix any surprises? I dunno). I cheated
and looked at the archive of the mailing list (but then, I knew to look
because I was at a Kerberos workshop in Boston two weeks ago).

One amusing thing to look into is perhaps using session keys exchanged
by Kerberos for IP security ESP. As an additional option, rather than
to replace or supplant ISAKMP/Oakley or SKIP. It'd be pretty cool if
all the NetBSD sites in the USA & Canada could start using IP security
for real (encrypted sup's? or encrypted SMTP exchanges?); might provide
some additional incentive for code development elsewhere.

	just a thought,

	Erik E. Fair    fair@clock.org