Subject: Re: NCR problems in recent build of current
To: Davyd Norris <Davyd.Norris@fcollins.com.au>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@awadi.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 12/04/1996 17:34:47
According to Davyd Norris:

>5. My card IS an SC200 for those who wondered - not a 'fair dinkum'
>53c810. Any problems with this particular card.

Actually, the SC200 is a 'fair dinkum' 53c810 card cobber but I had a
lot of problems with one in my ASUS P55TP4N motherboard - I changed it
with a friend for a different 53c810 board which works without a
problem.  I know that there are other people out there that had no
problems with their SC200/ASUS combinations but in my case it lost
badly (did not even work in MessyDOS)

BTW I tried a few things on my system last night - fscked all the
disks and did some work from home without any problems, this is with a
recent version of -current on the system.

  "Upgrading your memory gives you MORE RAM!" - ad in MacWAREHOUSE catalogue.