Subject: Re: amd
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christos Zoulas <christos@deshaw.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/03/1996 01:11:06
In article <199612022325.SAA05362@ginger.cmf.nrl.navy.mil> kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil (Ken Hornstein) writes:

>Version 5.3 never quite came out of beta, and there were a number of UPL
>releases (Unofficial Patch Levels).  Last time I looked AMD was up to
>5.3UPL100 something.
>
>One of the features added in one of the unofficial patches was the very feature
>you mention.  Last I hear, though, it was pretty buggy (but that was a while
>ago; it might be better now).
>
>>Also on the same subject - I once saw a statemenet that amd always
>>mounted drives with NFS v2, even if the server support v3. Is this true,
>>or just a wives' tale?
>
>I am pretty sure this is actually true, unfortunately.  I remember seeing
>some patches to make AMD support V3, though.
>
>--Ken

I am in the amd-workers mailing list and I have seen no traffic lately.
I've also sent mail to the person that currently maintains amd and have
received no reply. I am interested in those patches. I have the latest
version of amd, running on NetBSD with NFSV3, but I wanted to add the
general V3 patches before I integrated it in the tree.

christos