Subject: Netscape-3.01 / Java: upgrade your X installation!
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Arne Helme <arne@acm.org>
List: current-users
Date: 11/29/1996 10:10:16
I have for quite some been been looking for a reason why Netscape-3.01
(BSDI version) does not load and run any Java applets on my machine
running -current.  To be honest, 6 months ago or so, I gave up and did
not bother to look any further.  Last night, however, when I upgraded
to XFree86-3.2, Netscape suddenly started to load and run Java
applets!  So, if you still have any problems with Netscape/ Java,
then, at least, upgrade to the latest version of X.

Now, if I someone could shed some light on why the floppy disk
controller in my IBM ThinkPad 360 running -current does not detect the
drive anymore.  It detects it with 1.2 kernels...

-- Arne
| Arne Helme, http://www.pegasus.esprit.ec.org/people/arne/index.html  |
|  Inf/SPA, Univ. of Twente, Box 217, 7500 AE Enschede, Netherlands    |
|  PHONE: +31-53-4894178, FAX: +31-53-4894590, HOME: +31-53-4309352    |
| Email: arne@acm.org  | Linux is the Renault Twingo among OSes -- AH  |