Subject: amd
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Laine Stump <laine@MorningStar.Com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/25/1996 00:17:37
I recently saw a version of amd running on a Linux machine which would
always display the names of automounted directories when you did an ls
of the parent directory, even if said directories weren't currently
mounted. This is much more convenient than the amd that is in NetBSD
(unless it has changed since 1.2-release, in which case I'm behind the
times). Does anyone know where to get newer amd? Any plans to update the
amd that ships with NetBSD?

Also on the same subject - I once saw a statemenet that amd always
mounted drives with NFS v2, even if the server support v3. Is this true,
or just a wives' tale?