Subject: Re: panic: soqremque 2
To: Paul Goyette <>
From: Jason Thorpe <>
List: current-users
Date: 11/25/1996 22:06:56
On Mon, 25 Nov 1996 17:49:33 -0800 (PST)
 Paul Goyette <> wrote:

 > With a kernel compiled from -current sources as of Saturday (11/23) AM I
 > got a "panic: soqremque 2" today.  Trace produced the following (copied
 > by hand, so mistakes are possible, but I tried to be _real_ careful!)

I must have introduced this bug when I committed an soqinsque() and
soqremque() optimization from Matt Thomas.  What surprises me is that
I ran with these changes for months with no problems before committing

I'm aware of the problems, and am working on fixing them.  (I was
unexpectedly busy with paperwork today.  If I don't havee a real fix
by tomorrow, I'll simply back the change out until I do.)

Jason R. Thorpe