Subject: Re: panic
To: Tom T. Thai <tomthai@future.net>
From: Greg Wohletz <greg@duke.CS.UNLV.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 11/24/1996 14:02:20
>On Sat, 23 Nov 1996, Jukka Marin wrote:
>
>> > Nov 23 03:22:50 jupiter /netbsd: panic: accept
>> >
>> > What does this mean?  jupiter has a P90, 64mb RAM, 5Gig HD (2g + 2g via
>> > CCD--mounted from 1.0a, and the other 1g for /usr etc.)
>>
>> What kind of an SCSI controller are you using?  The 2742 only works with two
>> drives, for example (with the current driver)..
>
>the NCR card for ASUS board
>>
>> > I'm not sure what could of gone wrong but I have been worried about CCD
>> > that was build back in 1.0A days.
>>
>> We have been using CCD on two 4-gig disks without any problems for over
>> a year on a news server.
>>
>>   -jm

We set up a server with 5 2 gig drives to create a 10gig ccd.  Originally
we were using a pci bus logic SCSI controler.  We experianced frequent hangs.
We switched to an pci NCR controler and after 3 months have not had a single
hang.

BTW, has anyone looked at porting the new freebsd buslogic driver to
NetBSD?  The current netbsd driver still operates in ISA mode...

							--Greg