Subject: Quake broken in current
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brett Lymn <>
List: current-users
Date: 11/23/1996 20:39:10
        Just for something to do I tried running quake under 'current
and found that it core dumps even faster than it did under 1.2A (under
1.1 quake ran fine).  The ktrace I get is:

[blymn@siren] kdump ktrace.out
   174 ktrace   RET   ktrace 0
   174 ktrace   CALL  execve(0xf7bfd86f,0xf7bfd7e8,0xf7bfd7f0)
   174 ktrace   NAMI  "./xquake"
   174 ktrace   NAMI  "/emul/linux/lib/"
   174 ktrace   NAMI  "/emul/linux"
   174 ktrace   NAMI  "/emul/linux/lib/"
   174 xquake   EMUL  "linux"
   174 xquake   RET   oldolduname 0
   174 xquake   PSIG  SIGSEGV SIG_DFL
   174 xquake   NAMI  "xquake.core"

Note that a) this is for the i386 architecture, b) I have not changed
anything in my /emul tree from the "known working" config I had back
in 1.1 days, c) I DO have the EXEC_ELF32 option in my kernel.

Frank, are you still looking at this?  Or am I doing something else wrong?

  "Upgrading your memory gives you MORE RAM!" - ad in MacWAREHOUSE catalogue.