Subject: Re: Mail and locking
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: current-users
Date: 11/22/1996 14:27:10
tron@lyssa.owl.de (Matthias Scheler) writes:

> I prefer to have both. That's how I compiled my ELM and it works
> pretty well.

The thing which concerns me most is what happens when a given application
uses, say, dot locking, another uses flock(), and a third uses both?
Can there ever be a problem?

I would think that if the flock() using client thought it had a lock and
the dot one also did, Bad Things would happen to your mail.

Also, what order does ELM do the dot locking in?

I think the dot locking function should go in libutil...  That would
make things much simplier since ELM could be taught to use that
as well...

--Michael