Subject: Re: -current seems to be disintegrating...
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@Plexus.COM>
List: current-users
Date: 11/22/1996 01:29:47
On Thu, 21 Nov 1996, Peter Seebach wrote:

> Help!  My systems are finally up, but I had to search around to figure
> out why ypbind is suddenly being started, and that I could ^C it,

Yes, that was announced. ;-)

> and
> on my -current machine, freshly built, I still get, *always*,
> >Unable to lock mailbox: Permission denied

I haven't seen this, but to be honest I'm running only a -current kernel
with (mostly) 1.2 binaries.

> Did just a huge number of changes get checked in or something?  My kernel
> config file is invalid,

You need to build and install config(8) again.  Since the 1.2 branch was
created, it's been changed at least once (twice, I think, actually),
broken, fixed, and fixed again.  Don't ask. :-)

> netstat stopped working (even though I'm still
> using my old kernel...),

Wait, old kernel, -current binaries?  That will cause the symptoms you
describe.

> and the system generally seems to have
> died off...

No comment.