Subject: How to enable gethostent ?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kim Andersen <kim@dde.dk>
List: current-users
Date: 11/22/1996 02:29:19
In porting some program to NetBSD-1.2B, I've run into a "slight" problem.

The program needs gethostent, but this is not in libc as default.
The man page says:
CAVEAT
     The gethostent() function is defined, and sethostent() and endhostent()
     are redefined, when libc(3) is built to use only the routines to lookup
     in /etc/hosts and not the name server.

But no hints how to, searching the libsrc I cant find any references to
gethostent.
Do I build without -DYP or ???

Same program also uses a function "pathfind", which comes from libgen on SVR4.
Any pointers to free versions of this or hints to BSD functions doing the
same thing ?

Thanks
kim