Subject: Re: Bug in i386 execl
To: Wolfgang Solfrank <>
From: Curt Sampson <>
List: current-users
Date: 11/21/1996 11:15:22
On Thu, 21 Nov 1996, Wolfgang Solfrank wrote:

> It should be noted that "Input/Output error" might be given due to other
> problems such as missing .rhosts permission etc.

I don't think that symlinking /usr/ucb/rsh -> /usr/local/bin/ssh
would fix a missing .rhosts permission, though. :-)

> I cannot reproduce this in a fairly recent version of NetBSD/powerpc.

Jukka couldn't reproduce it on the Amiga, either. The powerpc is
big-endian, right? I wonder if it exists only in little-endian
boxes (i386, alpha so far)? Can someone with a pmax test this?

Curt Sampson		Info at
Internet Portal Services, Inc.