Subject: Current Adaptec SCSI code.
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Neil J. McRae <neil@easynet.net>
List: current-users
Date: 11/20/1996 21:45:50
Has anyone ported the changes in current to the Adaptec SCSI drivers
back to 1.2?

It seems that Adaptec are only now supplying the 2940UA as standard, and
I can't get get a 2940U.

NetBSD 1.2 doesn't probe this. I can fake it by changing the device
ID's but it looks like the card is quite different, thus I need
the full driver.

I've tried integrating the pre-bus_space versions of the SCSI code back
to 1.2 and failed, I get this:

stargate# ./aic7xxx_asm -o aic7xxx_seq.h aic7xxx.seq
aic7xxx.seq: undefined symbol used at line 957
cpp: output pipe has been closed

The problem is at line 957 there isn't anything, its a blank line! I don't
know anything about microcode or assembly so I kind stuffed :-)

These are production machines so running current isn't an option really.

Anyone?

Cheers,
Neil.

--
Neil J. McRae. Alive and Kicking.          E A S Y N E T  G R O U P  P L C
neil@EASYNET.NET        NetBSD/sparc: 100% SpF (Solaris protection Factor)