Subject: Re: audio support
To: None <grzesiek@ajax.umcs.lublin.pl>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/20/1996 15:29:11
>Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 20:37:05 +0100 (MET)
>From: Grzegorz Wojtowicz <grzesiek@ajax.umcs.lublin.pl>

>Is there any audio support in current release of NetBSD ?
>i couldnt find any relating devices in /dev

Try:

# cd /dev; ./MAKEDEV audio

>This question born after looking at FvwmAudio man page (from fvwm95-2)
>and it gives me core dump after switching it on in ~/.fvwmrc95-2
>
>im interested in i386 and amiga port

Yes, there is audio support; see audio(4), sb(4), wss(4), &c.  It's
very similar to SunOS & Solaris, but the FvwmAudio code may need
massaging to work with it.

It has...problems, some of which I'm working on.  How well it works
depends on what hardware you have; I've gotten the sb and wss drivers
to work on my i386, but my code differs somewhat from what's in the
tree.  What I've got is not yet quite ready for prime time; see PR
2632 for a sample.

AFAIK, there's no Amiga audio support in the tree; but I vaguely
remember reports of an "audio LKM".
--
Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>     <URL:http://www.shore.net/~mikel>