Subject: Re: unionfs
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@pgoyette.bdt.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/19/1996 02:37:54
Well, I don't know if anyone is working on it or not.  And I'm not at all
sure if the problem lies with unionfs, or with my disk drive, since this
is the same drive that occassionally only transfers 8191 bytes of data
for an 8192 byte request!  I've just completed moving nearly all of my
stuff onto a different drive, including both the upper and lower layers
of my union mount, so it will take a week or three for me to feel
comfortable saying that I have or have not solved the problem.

Then again, since these strange panics only occur during the cron job,
and almost always while I've got some sort of build running at the same
time, maybe what I'm seeing is the "multi-access" problems that others
have reported with unionfs.