Subject: Re: LKM support
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Holo.Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: current-users
Date: 11/17/1996 10:10:20
>> You are aware that those algorithms are affected by those pesky USA
>> export laws?

>> [I hope MD5 is free or isn't it?]

> MD5 is free, yes.  Attached below is the copyright/license appearing
> in a common md5 library.

...and if you don't like that one, I have an MD5 library I wrote
independently that I've placed into the public domain.  I'll be glad to
send you a copy if you want.

(But I think the first poster was actually talking about free from the
boneheaded USA export restrictions on crypto.  Which as far as I know
MD5 code is - free of the USA ITAR restrictions, that is.)

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca
		     01 EE 31 F6 BB 0C 34 36  00 F3 7C 5A C1 A0 67 1D