Subject: problems with make build and routing
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@awadi.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 11/17/1996 18:34:41
Folks,
        I have just gone from NetBSD 1.2A (pre 1.2 current source) to
current (as of the last few days) on the i386 platform.  When I did a
make build I struck the following problems:

1) the make includes in gnu/lib/libg++ failed because the directory
/usr/include/g++/std did not exist.

2) making the man pages failed because share/man/man4.i386/busmouse.4
did not exist

3) The script /usr/src/share/zoneinfo/datfiles/yearistype.sh was not
executable so zic failed.

I am using source that has been updated using ctm (big thanks to Giles
Lean here, the ctm stuff is working really well).

Also, once I got around the above I found a problem when I start up
ppp, the adding of the default route fails with the following message:

Nov 17 18:10:26 siren routed[69]: IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP ALLHOSTS: Can't assign requested address
Nov 17 18:10:26 siren routed[69]: setsockopt(IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP RIP): Can't assign requested address

I can add the route using the route command but why cannot pppd?

  "Upgrading your memory gives you MORE RAM!" - ad in MacWAREHOUSE catalogue.