Subject: Mail delays on "netbsd.org"
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
List: current-users
Date: 11/15/1996 01:46:13
	Hi,

I have another question concerning the mailing lists on "netbsd.org"
(I anybody knows a better place for this kind of discussion, tell me.):

Why are they so slow?

[This is not a complaint, it's a question.]

If I send a mail to one of the list or to "majordomo@netbsd.org" it takes
hours or even days until I get copies or answers. It's not a problem with
my mail connectivity. I just unsubscribed from "sources-changes@***bsd.org"
and I got an answer after about two minutes.

If it's some kind of overload problem maybe we could fix it by splitting
up the mailing list server by creating sub servers for different top
level domains. Another solution could be to replace this pesky slow
perl monster "majordomo" by a C program based mailing list server(*).

(*) The author of "petidomo" e.g. is a NetBSD user. I'm sure he would offer
    support for migrating to its program, he probably would even add new
    facilities if that's required.

--
Matthias Scheler
tron@lyssa.owl.de