Subject: Re: kernel symbol tables (was Re: vmstat, iostat etc no longer work?)
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: Grey Wolf <greywolf@siva.captech.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/14/1996 14:55:43
Last I checked, a GENERIC kernel only permits swap on the swap device
on the root disk.  Every other partition I have tried, even if labeled 'swap'
under disklabel, has reported ENODEV.

				--*greywolf;

# From perry@piermont.com Thu Nov 14 14:18:33 1996
# To: Grey Wolf <greywolf@siva.captech.com>
# cc: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@ux2.sp.cs.cmu.edu>,
#         current-users@netbsd.org
# Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 17:14:18 -0500
# From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com>
#
#
# Grey Wolf writes:
# > Speaking of swap devices and such, what are the chances that we'll
# > have a swap handler which will allow one to dynamically add swap devices
# > on a "swap generic" kernel?  Recompiling a kernel just because I've
# > added a new disk and want to spread swap about a bit is becoming less
# > than acceptable.
#
# I thought you could right now, just by using "swapon"...
#