Subject: Re: vmstat, iostat etc no longer work?
To: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@ux2.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
From: Erik Bertelsen <erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk>
List: current-users
Date: 11/14/1996 22:26:52
On Thu, 14 Nov 1996, Chris G Demetriou wrote:

.. >BTW, what port(s) still uses the old non-MACHINE_NONCONTIG VM model?  I really
.. >would like to see this dropped.
..
.. Doing a grep (in particular cd /sys/arch ; grep MACHINE_NONCONTIG
.. */{include,conf}/* | sed -e 's:/.*::' | sort -u), as far as i can tell:

.. 	mac68k

mac68k kernels cannot compile without MACHINE_NONCONTIG.

As I don't know exactly what this option is all about, I cannot tell
whether or not all Macintoshes must have MACHINE_NONCONTIG defined.

Note just for mac68k: If in fact this option is required for all Macs,
I'll propose that this option be moved from the individual kernel
configurations to std.mac68k.

regards
Erik Bertelsen

If someone can explain the purpose of MACHINE_NONCONTIG to me in a few
words, please do :)