Subject: Re: vmstat, iostat etc no longer work?
To: Wolfgang Solfrank <ws@kurt.tools.de>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@ux2.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 11/14/1996 16:02:40
> Does this mean that alpha for example does have only one chunk of contiguous
> memory?

Yes, at least on the workstation-ish models (which are the only things
that NetBSD/alpha currently supports).

> I thought modern architectures all did support different simms in
> more than one bank of memory, but with no glue logic to make this look like
> one contiguous chunk...  Or how does the alpha handle this?  Just curious...

Alphas have that glue logic.

> > Doesn't look like MACHINE_NONCONTIG's "optionalness" is going away any
> > time soon...
>
> Too bad :-(.

I tend to agree, but it's _really_ hard to push people to find time to
hack on their pmap code...  I _want_ to be hacking mine, and i'm
having a hard time finding time...  8-)

chris