Subject: Re: notebook support?
To: Thorsten Frueauf <s_frueau@ira.uka.de>
From: Marc Baudoin <Marc.Baudoin@hsc.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 11/13/1996 09:16:45
Thorsten Frueauf <s_frueau@ira.uka.de> écrit :

> Is there a list of supported notebooks (if any) on which NetBSD runs
> without problems?

I don't know of such a thing.

> I would also like to know if there are already Xservers that work on
> notebooks (don't know if notebooks use other chipsets than "normal"
> gfx-cards).

XFree86 runs fine on many notebooks.  I'm using XFree86 3.2 on a Chips &
Technologies based video board and it works just great.  In fact, it should
work fine on nearly every kind of not-too-exotic video board.

> Is there a FAQ that covers these questions, and if there is no or partial
> support - is there work in progress?

If people would give me information about the laptops they're running
NetBSD on, I would be glad to set up a Web page with a list of supported
hardware and even some software tricks.

--
Marc Baudoin   -=-   <Marc.Baudoin@hsc.fr>
Hervé Schauer Consultants