Subject: Re: uugetty for NetBSD
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@cue.bc.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 11/12/1996 12:26:53
On Nov 12, 12:05pm, "Perry E. Metzger" wrote:
} John Nemeth writes:
} > On Nov 11,  2:30pm, "Perry E. Metzger" wrote:
} > }
} > } can have your device nodes mounted from a remote system, but they
} > } reference devices on the local machine, not on the remote machine...
} >
} >      What about regular files?  NetBSD doesn't have lockd/statd.  Even
} > on systems that do, I've had problems, i.e. SunOS 4.x vs ULTRIX 3.x/4.x.
}
} We aren't talking about regular files. We are talking about locking
} ttys.

     The proposed manpage that just went by covered both.  This
discussion seems to have evolved into a general discussion on locking.

}-- End of excerpt from "Perry E. Metzger"