Subject: Re: Mail list envelope sender address
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
From: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@unna.ping.de>
List: current-users
Date: 11/12/1996 20:31:28
--==_Exmh_-1217644000P

In message <Pine.NEB.3.93.961111222313.15911h-100000@didactic>you write:
> Well, they make it much, much easier to find out what's going wrong
> when mail loops, or goes to the wrong place. Your mailer should
> normally filter out the Received: headers on viewing, so that they
> don't bother you. Their presence is vital to maintain and debug
> mail.

I specifically meant those:

And, yes, I do know what the purpose of Received: should be.
And, no, I really don't know what those specific headers give me, except that
it looks more or less like someone is fingering with the mail.  It gives me
the feeling the mails have been touched by someone who was not supposed to
touch them...

Gruesse
       Oskar

 					Tragbar ist, was nicht herunterfaellt.
						    oskar@zappa.unna.ping.de

--==_Exmh_-1217644000P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.3i

iQCVAwUBMojQkLA63tqjeAhZAQEkBQP9G2+htXLPbY0Xl1QhEiTZTTIjGSjaVD9N
WuHTk1Qc79KjPlxE+uf79iLIJ5vF4FwDLMFsEbMlF30C9UN/4YDAQxnzjuKEOYhr
L9ZBEgUeo9ASfgNucgpRhmUz3DaDojF+xTMLBNRQ+LifKrEeJgiy5edO5Vb6mzsL
3rugzpWx5cM=
=P8ql
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_-1217644000P--