Subject: Re: Mail list envelope sender address
To: bgrayson <bgrayson@lore.ece.utexas.edu>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@ux2.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 11/11/1996 12:33:35
> > That's bad and, as you've seen, not dependable.
>
>   This is probably a stupid question, but what is the recommended
> method, that will withstand all NetBSD-internal mail server changes?

So, the only dependable method i've seen is to use mmdf (not my choice
8-), and use its 'addr' selector in .maildelivery, which is "the
address that was used to mail to you."

Then i'd subscribe to lists via cgd+listname, or whatever, and use
'addr cgd+listname' to pick where it should be filed.

i've never used procmail, and as far as i know MH's maildelivery
mechanism doesn't have this ability, since the address used to get to
the user isn't available to MH, as far as i know.

chris