Subject: Re: pppd as login shell
To: Jon Buller <jonb@metronet.com>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/10/1996 05:08:09
Thus spake Jon Buller
> Is there a way for pppd to be started as a login shell with a
> local:remote address setting?  Right now I have a pair of logins
> for my 2 non-internet machines on my internet gateway, that use
> csh and have a .login file like:
>
>      /usr/sbin/pppd server:client1
>      logout
>
> It seems better to me if I could just make pppd the login shell,
> but I need client1 to change based on the login, eliminating (as

Once you have set up your arguments and environment just do:

    exec /usr/sbin/pppd server:client1

So rather than making pppd your login shell you replace your login
shell with it once you are ready.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain                           |  Democracy is three wolves
darcy@{druid.com|vex.net}                  |  and a sheep voting on