Subject: Re: pppd as login shell
To: Jon Buller <jonb@metronet.com>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@cue.bc.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 11/09/1996 22:41:14
On Nov 9, 11:13pm, Jon Buller wrote:
}
} Is there a way for pppd to be started as a login shell with a
} local:remote address setting?  Right now I have a pair of logins
} for my 2 non-internet machines on my internet gateway, that use
} csh and have a .login file like:
}
}      /usr/sbin/pppd server:client1
}      logout
}
} It seems better to me if I could just make pppd the login shell,
} but I need client1 to change based on the login, eliminating (as

     Put 'server:client1' in ~/.ppprc.  If you're doing dynamic
addressing, then put it in /etc/ppp/tty.<whatever>.

} far as I know) /etc/ppp/options.  And putting x:y as a shell argument

     Use options for common options.

}-- End of excerpt from Jon Buller