Subject: HP ix86 Servers
To: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@mindbender.serv.net>
From: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@unna.ping.de>
List: current-users
Date: 11/08/1996 18:38:10
--==_Exmh_-243981841P

In message <199611080708.XAA23282@MindBender.serv.net>you write:
> >I'm having to put an AHA 1542 CF into my nice EISA box, until I can
> >figure out what exactly is going wrong in the 1740 driver.  I'm
> >looking into the Linux driver, since it probes the card correctly, to
> >see what they do differently.

We dropped some of the older HP NetSERVERs because of problems with memory and
the EISA bus that HP in germany could not rectify in 6 month's time...
The machines would not run Novell for a time longer than 1 hour, but DOS/Win
was fine.
They would not install or boot OS/2 but SCO was fine.
They would not probe the EISA Cards with NETBSD, but linux managed to find the
1740 (but not the Ethernet cards).
So I think you have to have luck to get it running, though this experience was
some 16 Moths ago, or longer.

Gruesse
       Oskar

 					Tragbar ist, was nicht herunterfaellt.
						    oskar@zappa.unna.ping.de

--==_Exmh_-243981841P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.3i

iQCVAwUBMoNwAbA63tqjeAhZAQE8GQQAhKI81PRCpRN0le3VDkHjvlYYHSMteo9i
XckI43iV/fjyukOkhFjgn2itZsUeu71gZRcZMGtLT+GWRyWh0BAdGp6JCoeArw8l
1O63Gc17Xk0q3WLnFopPmVx1oMUMD8AqD8TkzuRKURVj3ZstM3KjbdYGErgJ1/7S
JhV+EsFjd5k=
=WTv9
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_-243981841P--