Subject: Re: ISA DMA
To: None <spberry@iastate.edu>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>
List: current-users
Date: 11/07/1996 23:08:49
>I'm having to put an AHA 1542 CF into my nice EISA box, until I can
>figure out what exactly is going wrong in the 1740 driver.  I'm
>looking into the Linux driver, since it probes the card correctly, to
>see what they do differently.

Get them to buy a BusLogic BT747 if the 1740 doesn't work.

I'm not sure if you just don't know what you're doing, or if the
machine has a faulty SCSI controller.  If the latter, get the BusLogic
(or a new machine with PCI).  If the former, get someone on the phone
who can tell you how to make an EISA-bus HP work.

  Michael L. VanLoon                           michaelv@MindBender.serv.net