Subject: Panic: nfs_boot mountd root, error=13 -- help request
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John C. Hayward <John.C.Hayward@wheaton.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 11/07/1996 00:04:31
Dear Current Users,
   I am attempting to set up a `diskless' bootable floppy.  I've tried
to follow the instructions on man diskless(8) etc.
   I have rpc.bootparamd running on i386 1.2 Beta in debugging mode.  I
have built a i386 diskless kernel from 1.2B sources and installed it on a
floppy and added the bootstap blocks with disklabel.  I have rarpd running
on the server.

   On booting it gets it's clients address and server address, hostname
fine.  On the rcp.bootparamd display it shows a getfile for client and
file root.  The returning info is what I put in /etc/rcp.bootparams for
this client.  The /etc/exports export the server area, nfsd is up and
running,  The server area etc/fstab looks ok (note I did not fine
fstab.nfs which was mentioned in the diskless man pages).

   Can someone point me in the right directions as to what this error
means and how I can correct it?

Thanks in advance.
johnh...