Subject: Re: More SCSI problems
To: Brad Walker <bwalker@breakthru.musings.com>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>
List: current-users
Date: 11/06/1996 11:45:48
>for those of us in the audience who are uninformed, could someone
>please explain to me what the problems with the DEC drive are..

They sound like machine guns going off (i. e. they're loud)? :-)

Seriously, there isn't any problems with DEC drives that I know of.
Although I believe one person has just noticed his DEC drive having a
problem with tagged-command-queuing (sorry, wasn't watching that
closely).

This is complicated by the fact that many DEC drives are made by other
companies (Quantum, Conner, Seagate, etc.), and just have a DEC label
slapped on them.

There was a series of Quantum drives that screwed up tagged-command-
queuing (the Empires?).  But I believe that is history, and all the
current Quantum drives work correctly (can anyone confirm this?).

  Michael L. VanLoon                           michaelv@MindBender.serv.net