Subject: Re: LKM support
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: current-users
Date: 11/05/1996 16:51:08
Matthias Scheler <tron@lyssa.owl.de> writes:

> With this everybody-hacks-its-own-rc-files-method we will end in a mess
> like Linux.

Not likely...

Here's why.

rc.flame is my version of rc.local which uses rc.conf, a method many other
OS's use and I happen to like.

> Maybe we should just replace "mount -a -t nonfs" by "mount -a -t ufs"
> and the "mount -a -t nfs" by a "mount -a -t noufs". Of course the
> modules should be loaded somewhere between these two instructions.

That is the problem.

IMHO, mount should try to mount, and if the FS isn't compiled in, try to
modload it, then mount again.  That would make everything happy, no?  :)

And this functionality should be put into a library.

--Michael