Subject: Re: Crashes under 1.2
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>
List: current-users
Date: 11/04/1996 22:01:24
>toor@dns /var/crash # gdb -k netbsd.0 netbsd.0.core
>GDB is free software and you are welcome to distribute copies of it
> under certain conditions; type "show copying" to see the conditions.
>There is absolutely no warranty for GDB; type "show warranty" for details.
>GDB 4.11 (i386-netbsd), Copyright 1993 Free Software Foundation, Inc...
>(no debugging symbols found)...
>panic: trap
>#0  0x1 in ?? ()
>(kgdb) bt
>#0  0x1 in ?? ()
>Cannot access memory at address 0x0.
>(kgdb)
>
>What is going on?  I see these on two different i386 machines, both running
>NetBSD 1.2.  I wonder if I should go back to 1.1 (which didn't crash this
>way AFAIK)?

Crash _what_ _way_?  I don't see anything telling us what went
wrong...

1.2 has been extremely stable for me.  Maybe you have something weird
in your kernel?  Are you sure you have the 1.2-release sources?  Maybe
a corrupt binary or kernel image of some sort?

  Michael L. VanLoon                           michaelv@MindBender.serv.net