Subject: system hangs due to aha2940 ?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: c5666305 <c5666305@comp.polyu.edu.hk>
List: current-users
Date: 10/31/1996 07:51:53
Hello,

Me again.  The quoestion was issued by me.  I would like to specified clearly
the configuration of my system so that you may have a clear picture and I hope
you can help me to get out of the trouble (system hangs when using povray for
some complex image, like ry tracing).  I am sorry about my last message which
was not clearly stated out the whole picture.

Mohterborad : VEGA P54C-IDP system board (dual pentium 90 - 100)
RAM         : 80M
O/S         : NetBSD 1.2B (The lastest on)
Disk Controller : AHA 2940 (BIOS 2.1v)
Hard disk   : segate 51080N (1), Quatum TRS840S (2) configured as ccd0
CPU         : Pentium 90
Video Card  : Mach64 WinTurbo
network Card: NE2000 compatble
Comm Card   : Unique 26550 FIFO

The system hanged frequency when I tried to generate complex images which
was not happened in my 486-box (using ide disk only).  I need suggestions
to figure what is the problem with my system.  Thank you very much in advace.

cheers

Clarence